- Broccoli – 2- 3 bunches, cut into floret (I add a lot of broccoli)
- Carrots – 1 or 2, sliced
- Toor dal – 1/4 cup
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Water – as required to dilute the gravy
- Hing – 3 pinches
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Grind the ingredients below to a fine paste using water:
- Shredded coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chillis- 3 or 4
For seasoning :
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Steam cook the broccoli and carrots separately. Set them aside. Do not over cook the vegetables.
- Pressure cook moong dal and toor dal together with water for 4 whistles.
Mash the dal.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add curry leaves, broccoli and carrots.
- Mix well and add the cooked dals and coconut paste.
- Add water, hing, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Let it cook on medium heat until the gravy boils.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve with white rice.