You can’t go wrong with strawberry and chocolate combination. There are few simple rules to follow while making chocolate covered strawberries.
- Strawberries must be ripe with no bruises and at room temperature.
- Wash and pat dry each strawberry with a paper towel. The strawberries have to be completely dry.
- Fresh Strawberries – 16 oz at room temperature
- Chocolate chips – 6 oz or more (semi sweet or bitter sweet )
- White chocolate- for decorating (optional), I used semi sweet chocolate
- Wash and pat dry each strawberry with a paper towel.
- Melt chocolate chips using the microwave or using double boiler method in a bowl.
- Dip each strawberry in chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberry on a wax paper lined tray.
- Let the chocolate set a bit.
- Melt white chocolate, fill it in a piping bag and pipe lines across the strawberries.
- Let the chocolate set completely.