- Goat legs /paaya – 1lb
- Oil – for sauteing
- Onions – 3/4 cup chopped into small pieces
- Garlic -6 whole cloves
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Tomato – 1, chopped
- Water – 4 cups
Grind into a fine paste using water :
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp (2 tsps or more according to taste)
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Wash the goat legs and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker pan.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic. Saute until they turn golden brown.
- Add the goat legs. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground ginger mixture and turmeric powder.
- Add little salt.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and the chopped tomato.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Enjoy hot soup.
1 tsp of pepper will not be spicy. I made it for my daughter. I added more ground pepper to cup of soup while serving.