The only time I cook okra is during the summer. This year we were blessed with a bountiful okra harvest. And lucky for me, everyone in my family loves it. Even Bheem. He loves to eat raw okra. P.S. Bheem is our yellow lab.
- Oil – 2 tbsps, for seasoning(adjust)
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onions – 1 small onion, chopped
- Curry leaves – 6
- Dry red chilli – 3 (optional)
- Okra – 5 cups, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp (adjust according to taste)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add onions, curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- Saute until the onions turn transparent.
- Add okra and little salt.
- Let the okra’s cook until the slime disappears. (the sticky stuff)
- Add chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy.