Our little guy Bheem turned 1 year old. He loves carrots, peanut butter and ice cubes. The minute I peel a carrot, he jumps out of his crate. So we decided to celebrated his birthday with a homemade carrot cake. I decided to cut the cake in the shape of a bone. Decorated it with Bheem’s favorite fruits and treats.
Ingredients for cake:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil -1/4 cup
- Carrot – 1 cup, shredded
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1/3 cup
- Egg -1
Ingredients for frosting:
- Cottage cheese/ soft paneer – as required
- Honey – as required
Method for baking cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare an 8 inch cake pan.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- All the rest of the ingredients and mix well until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake onto a wire rack and let it cool down completely.
Method for frosting:
- Whisk soft paneer and honey together until well combined.
- Top the cake with frosting.