I love Ven pongal. Can be had with sambar and chutney. But the best side dish for ven pongal is Kathirikkai Kosthu. This recipe is my mom’s version of Ven pongal.Ven pongal is simple to prepare. It gets its taste from the seasoning.
- Sona Masoori / Pacha Arisi – 2 cups
- Yellow moong dal / pacha parippu – 1 cup
- Water – 10 cups
- Ghee – 4 tbsps
- Cumin seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Whole black pepper – 15
- Curry leaves – 6
- Green Chilli – 1 or 2, make a cut in it
- Minced ginger pieces – 2 tsps
- Cashews – 6, broken into small pieces
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the rice and dal and let it soak in water.
- Boil 10 cups of water in a heavy bottom vessel.
- Add the soaked rice and dal to the water and let it cook.
- Keep an eye…
View original post 90 more words