Pidi kozhukattai’s are made specially during karthigai deepam. Kaara kozhukattai and innipu kozhukattai’s are made on this day. This is my mom’s recipe.
Ingredients for Kaara Kozhukattai:
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5 leaves
- Red chilli -1
- Coconut – 1 tbsp, cut into small pieces
- Water – 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Method for making Kaara Kozhukattai:
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add the curry leaves, chana dal and red chilli.
- When the chana dal turns golden brown, remove the red chilli and add water and coconut pieces to it.
- Add salt to taste.
- When the water boils, add the rice flour and stir continuously for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- When the dough is warm enough to handle…
View original post 189 more words