This recipe is from food network. A very good side dish to serve when you are grilling. My family loves the taste of mustard. So I add 4 tbsps of mustard to the potatoes. If you are not a fan of mustard, start with 1 tbsp. Potato salad is usually served chilled.
- Potato – little more than 1 lb( 3 cups), peeled and diced
- Salt – to taste
- Mayonnaise – 3/4 cup
- Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp (regular mustard that is used to serve hotdogs)
- Ground black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Red onions – 1/2 cup, diced
- Fresh dill – 1/2 cup,chopped
- Place the diced potatoes in saucepan and cover it with water. Add salt.
- Turn on the heat and cook the potatoes until it can be pierced using a fork but still holds its shape.
- Drain the potatoes using a colander.
- Let the potatoes cool down a bit.
- In a bowl, whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, mustard and ground pepper together until well combined.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl.
- Add chopped onion, chopped cilantro and mayo dressing .
- Mix gently.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold.