This is a Philadelphia style mango ice cream (ice cream without eggs) recipe. I use an ice cream maker to make ice creams. Cool off the summer with my mango ice cream recipe.
I tried making mango ice cream using frozen mango chunks. I thawed the mango chunks and pureed them. They turned our yummy. I used great value frozen mango chunks.
- Ripe Mangoes – 2 big mangoes or 3 small mangoes or 1Lb frozen mango chunks
- Whole milk – 3/4 cup, chilled
- Sugar – 3/4 cup, adjust accordingly( see notes below)
- Heavy cream – 1 + 1/2 cups
- Puree the mangoes using a blender and strain them into a bowl.
- Add whole milk, sugar and heavy cream to the mango puree and mix well until the sugar dissolves.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream maker and make the ice cream.
- I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker. I chill the Cuisinart ice cream bowl for 24 hours before making the ice cream.
- I place the chilled bowl in the ice cream maker. Place the beater inside and close the lid.
- I turn on the machine and pour the mango ice cream mixture slowly inside the bowl.
- The ice cream will be ready within 25 minutes of churning.
- Transfer the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
- The quantity of sugar depends on the sweetness of the mangoes. The ice cream mixture must be on the sweet side before churning. The sweetness will decrease a bit when the ice cream is ready.