I have been making homemade popcorn for a long time. I make it on Fridays as evening snack. We enjoy it with a cup of tea. I added 2 tbsps of olive oil in the recipe below. You can add an extra tbsp of oil for a more crisp popcorn. Use a big pan with lid to cook the popcorn kernels.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsps to 3 tbsps
- Popcorn kernels – 1/3 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Heat oil and two popcorn kernels in a big pan with the lid on.
- When the popcorn kernel pops, add the remaining popcorn and salt. The lid has to be on.
- Turn off the heat. Remove the pan from the stove and swirl it around 3 times with the lid on.
- After 30 seconds, put the pan back on the stove and turn on the heat ( medium heat). The pan should be covered.
- The popcorn kernels will begin to pop. Shake the pan in between as the popcorn pops for even cooking.
- When the popping noise subsides, turn off the heat and transfer the popcorn to a big bowl immediately.