- Mushrooms – 3 cups, sliced
- Oil – for saute
- Onion – 1 cup + 1/4 cup, chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Green chili – 1, small chilli chopped
- Turmeric – 1/8 tsp
- Tomato – 1/2 a tomato, chopped
- Butter – 2 tbsps
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp, adjust according to taste
- Grind the following ingredients to a fine paste:
- Cashews – 18
- cardamom – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cloves – 3
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions, ginger, garlic and green chili. Saute until the onion turns golden brown.
- Add tomato and saute for a minute.
- Add salt. Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely. Grind it into a fine paste without adding water.
- Grind cashews, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and cloves together into a fine paste using water.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add the onion mixture and the cashew mixture.
- Add 1 cup of water, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- When the gravy boils, add the chopped mushrooms and turn off the heat when the mushroom is cooked.
- Serve hot with chapathi/ vegetable rice.