There is always a bunch of very ripe bananas sitting at every home. I make Paniyaram’s when I have one banana or banana bread if there are more. They taste really good and can be had for breakfast too. The recipe below yields very moist banana bread.
Using very ripe bananas gives the bread more flavor.
Check out my other recipe for banana bread.
The ingredients below makes one loaf of banana bread.
- All purpose flour – 1 + 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 1/2 cup plus more for greasing the pan at room temperature
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Very ripe large bananas – 4, mashed
- Walnut or any nuts – 1/2 cup, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3″ loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the flour mixture little by little to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mash the bananas and chop the walnuts.
- Mix in the banana puree and nuts. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes ( or until a cake tester comes out clean). Rotate the pan halfway as it bakes.
- Let the bread cool down in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and let it cool down completely on a wire rack.