- Uncooked rice – 1.5 cups, cook the rice and let it cool down completely
- Oil – for sauteing
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 2/3 cup,chopped
- Ginger – 2 tbsps, finely minced
- Serrano pepper – 1, slight lengthwise
- Green bell pepper – 1, chopped
- Tomato – 1, chopped
- Egg – 5
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 + 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add onions, ginger and serrano pepper.
- Saute until the onions turn transparent.
- Add bell pepper and saute until the bell pepper is almost cooked.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for 1 minute.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Keep mixing until the egg is fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat. Add the egg mixture to the cooled rice. Add black pepper powder and salt.
- Mix well and serve.