I am a big fan of Ree Drummond’s cooking. I have tried many of her recipes and they are awesome. I recently tried her Oven roasted BBQ chicken recipe and it turned out really good.
The original recipe calls for peach preserve. But all I had was Marmalade at home. So I strained the Marmalade and used it in this recipe. I also added a spoon of Marmalade with the orange peel (overall 1/4 cup). I added a dash of Tabasco sauce as well.
- Olive oil – for brushing the baking tray
- Chicken thighs – 7 (boneless) 1.8lb
- BBQ sauce – 1+1/2 cups
- Marmalade – 1/4 cup, strained
- Garlic – 1 clove, finely minced
- Tabasco or any hot sauce – according to taste (I added a dash of it)
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Wrap them up in paper towels and let them rest.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine BBQ sauce, marmalade, garlic and hot sauce in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until hot. Set aside.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Grease the foil with olive oil.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down on the tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and brush the chicken with BBQ sauce. Flip the chicken thighs and brush the chicken with BBQ sauce. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and brush the chicken with BBQ sauce again and return to the oven for 7 more minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 425F.
- Remove the tray from the oven and brush the chicken with BBQ sauce and return to the oven for 7 minutes or until the sauce starts to brown the edges of the thighs.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.