I used mushrooms and frozen peas in this recipe. But the peas are optional. You can substitute the peas with more mushrooms.
Add more milk/heavy cream to dilute the gravy. Adjust the spice powders accordingly.
- Oil – for sauteing
- Onion – 1 cup, chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 + 1/2 cups, chopped (approximately 4 tomatoes)
- Butter – 2 tbsps
- Chili powder – 1 + 1/2 tsp, adjust according to taste
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- White button mushroom – 2 + 1/2 cups, sliced
- Peas – 1/3 cup (frozen or cooked), optional
- Milk or Heavy cream – 2 tbsps
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and ginger. Saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt; saute until the tomatoes lose their shape and the water evaporates.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Grind them to a fine paste.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add the ground onion mixture to the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala ,kasuri methi and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushroom and peas. Let it boil until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add milk. Stir well.