- Cooked rice – 1 + 1/2 cups, overcook the rice
- Curd/ Plain Yogurt – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- For seasoning:
- Oil – for seasoning
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Ginger – 2+ 1/2 tsps, finely minced
- Serrano pepper – 1, slight lengthwise
- Black Grapes – few, optional
- When the rice is hot; mash it and add 1/4 cup of water to it and mix well without lumps.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Add curd and salt. Mix well.
- Prepare the season by heating oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add curry leaves,ginger and Serrano pepper. Saute until the ginger turns lightly golden.
- Turn off the heat and add the seasoning to the curd rice and mix well.
- Add grapes and serve.