A quick and simple recipe to use leftover idli’s.
- Leftover idli’s – 3
- Oil – for saute
- Mustard seeds – 2 pinches
- Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4
- Onion – 3 tbsps, mince it as small as possible( speeds up the cooking time)
- Serrano pepper – half a pepper cut lengthwise
- Turmeric powder – half of 1/8th tsp
- Salt – the idli has salt, so add if required
- Cilantro – for garnishing
- Crush idli’s into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add urad dal and channa dal. Keep stirring continuously until the dals turn golden brown.
- Add onions,curry leaf and Serrano pepper.
- When the onions turn golden brown, add turmeric powder and mix it for few seconds.
- Add crushed idli’s and salt( if required).
- Keep stirring continuously until the crushed idli’s are warm.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy and garnish with cilantro.