My husband surprised me and my daughter by cooking this amazing, tender and aromatic Lamb chops for Valentines day. We enjoyed it with Mushroom Risotto and feasted on a box of chocolates.
Just remember to not overcook the lamb chops. Cooking on 3 minutes on each side resulted in a medium rare lamb chops that was juicy and tender. My husband followed the recipe from Sprouts site.
- Garlic cloves – 2 cloves minced and 4 whole cloves
- Fresh Thyme – 1 tbsp,finely minced. Plus few sprigs
- Lamb chops – 8
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 1 + 1/2 tbsps
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Mix minced cloves and minced thyme together in a bowl.
- Wash the lamb chops and line them on a tray.
- Rub the garlic-thyme mixture on both sides of the lamb chops.
- Season the lamb chops with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 – 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chops, the 4 whole garlic(or minced) and a few sprigs of thyme.
- Season with pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side for medium rare lamb chops. Do not over cook.
- Serve immediately.