This is my version of mushroom risotto. Cook the mushroom and peas in butter and add it to the cooked risotto.
I used the entire carton of chicken broth.
- Butter – 1 tbsp + 2 tbsps, divided
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Mushroom – 4, sliced
- Frozen peas – 1/4 cup
- Shallots – 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Arborio rice – 1 cup, do not wash the rice
- Chicken broth – 32 fl oz
- Grated Parmesan cheese – 2 – 3 tbsps plus more for garnishing
- Parsley – finely chopped, for garnishing
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a small pan.
- Add mushroom and peas. Saute until the mushrooms are cooked. Set it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps of butter and olive oil in a heavy bottom pan or dutch oven.
- Add shallots and saute until they turn transparent.
- Add arborio rice and saute until they turn opaque on medium heat. Stir continuously
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth to the rice and let the rice cook. Keep stirring at regular intervals. Do not let the rice burn.
- When the rice absorbs the broth, add another cup of chicken broth.
- Keep adding chicken broth until the rice is cooked but not mushy.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the cooked mushrooms and peas.
- Add shredded Parmesan cheese and parsley. Mix well.
- Top the risotto with Parmesan cheese while serving.
- Risotto is best served hot.
- For a spicy version of risotto; add minced garlic(2 garlic cloves) and Serrano pepper( 1 and a half Serrano pepper slight lengthwise) to the onions while cooking.
- Adding warm chicken broth to the rice speeds up the cooking process.