Who does not like a giant cookie? Not only a giant cookie but a giant chocolate chip cookie. Well my daughter was definitely interested and put in the M&M candies on the cookie. She saw the photo when I was writing this post and asked me to make one.
This recipe is from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup, melted and cooled
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg -1
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- All purpose flour – 1 + 1/2 cups
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat till combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into a ball and press it into a 9 inch circle on the prepared baking sheet.
- It will spread to 11 inches as it bakes.So make sure that there is enough room to expand.
- Top the cookie with candies of your choice.
- Bake for 13- 16 minutes until the cookie is light golden brown.
- Let the cookie cool down completely on the baking sheet.
Cut the cookies into wedges like a pizza and enjoy.