This recipe was sent to me by my friend Dalila. Been sitting in my inbox for a long time.
You can mix all the ingredients and let it bake before you start having dinner and it will be ready for dessert time. Serve the cake with a scoop of ice cream.
- Sugar – 1 +1/2 cup, divide
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 7 tbsps, divided
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1/3 cup, melted
- Vanilla extract – 1 + 1/2 tsp
- Light brown sugar – 1/2 cup, packed
- Hot water – 1+ 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In bowl, stir together 3/4 c. granulated sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into 8- or 9- inch square baking pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 c. granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top; do not stir.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Let stand 15 min; spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top.
- Garnish with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, if desired.