Tomato Sevai can be made with vermicelli or left over Idiyappam. I have used left over Idiyappam in the recipe below.
Click here for Idiyappam recipe.
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 10 leaves
- Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
- Serrano pepper – 1 and a 1/2, cut lengthwise
- Salt – to taste
- Tomatoes – 3, Ripe Roma tomatoes ground into a fine paste
- Idiyappam – 3.5 cups
- Cilantro – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add curry leaves, onions and serrano pepper.
- Saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the ground tomatoes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook until the ground tomato changes color.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add Idiyappam and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro.