My daughter was asking me for cupcakes on the day I ran out of eggs. How can I say no when she asks for cupcakes. I bing-ed for an eggless cupcake recipe that does not require butter at room temperature and came across this recipe. Click here for the original recipe.
These cupcakes are a bit sticky, so line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
I simply melted some semi sweet chocolate chips and frosted the cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
- All purpose flour – 1 + 1/4 cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup, I used Canola oil
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line cup cake pan with liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk,sugar,oil and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix till well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes.
- The cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the pan and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Frost the cupcakes as desired.