I have already posted a recipe for warm delicious brownie cups. Here is my second recipe for super fudge brownies. These soft chocolaty brownies will steal your hearts…….Happy Valentines Day.
I am re-posting this recipe with more pictures. Using a glass baking dish works better than a square cake pan.
The brownies in the photo were made out of chocolate chips. Try Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate baking bars instead of chocolate chips. The brownie tastes heavenly with the bars. I have tried other brands of baking bars; I did not like them at all.
- Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup, cut into small pieces
- Semi- sweet chocolate chips – 8 oz
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 + 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a 9 inch glass baking dish with butter.
- Line the pan with parchment paper and let the paper over hang from the sides of the dish.
- Butter the parchment paper again.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together.
- Create a double boiler by boiling water in a pan and placing a heatproof bowl or a pan over the pan that contains the water.
- The boiling water should not touch the pan on top of it.
- Place the butter and chocolate in the double boiler and keep whisking until the chocolate has almost melted.
- Remove the bowl from the boiler and add sugar to it. Mix well.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture and mix till well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix till just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the batter evenly.
- Bake the brownie for 30 minutes ( Bake the brownie for 15 mins and rotate the pan. Bake for another 15 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with few moist crumbs. It is important to rotate the pan as it bakes to prevent the edges of the brownie from hardening.
- Let the brownie cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Remove the brownie onto a chopping board using the overhanging parchment paper.
- Cut the brownie using a disposable plastic knife. The disposable knife gives you a perfectly cut brownie.
- You can cut a brownie perfectly using a disposable plastic knife.
- Remember to cool the brownie completely before cutting.