Came across this wonderful recipe on TV. It is a treat for all the guava lovers. It is a wonderful mix of sweet guava and cream cheese that compliments the flavor. Serve it hot and no guava lover will stop at just one 🙂
Guava paste comes in a bar. I got it at Fiesta Grocery store.
In India you get mango that comes in a bar. That will taste yummy too.
- Puff pastry sheets (I use Pepperidge farm)
- Guava paste
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar (optional, for dusting)
- Let the pastry sheet sit at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- The puff pastry has two big sheets. Each sheet has three folds.
- Take one fold and divide it into two small rectangles.
- Roll out one rectangle and place some guava paste and cream cheese on it.
- Fold the pastry sheet and close the edges using little water.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with foil and spraying some oil on it.
- Place the puffs on the prepared baking tray and bake for 18 minutes(approximate) or until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Sprinkle the pastry with powdered sugar(optional).
- Serve warm.