Uthappam is an alternative for dosa. It is a thick dosa, garnished with vegetables and served with sambar, chutney or vegetable kurma. You can use dosa batter or idli batter for this recipe.
Ingredient for dose batter – here.
Ingredient for idli batter – here.
- Spread the batter on the dosa griddle into a circle.
- Uthappam is thicker than dosa.
- Sprinkle the uthappam with chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped green chillies, curry leaves and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle some oil down the sides.
- Flip the uthappam over and cook both the sides.
- Serve hot uthappam’s with chutney, sambar or vegetable kurma.