Chicken cutlet is similar to the vegetable cutlet. I have substituted the mixed vegetables with minced chicken.
The recipe below makes 10 cutlets.
- Oil- 1 + 1/2 tbsps
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Hing – 4 pinches
- Onion – 1/4 cup,finely chopped
- Capsicum – 4 tbsps, finely chopped. I have used red and green capsicum.
- Ginger – 1 inch, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Potatoes – 2
- Chicken – 150 grams, minced
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 + 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 + 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp,adjust according to taste
- Cilantro – 4 strands, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- All-purpose flour/maida – 3 tbsps
- Water – 7 tbsps
- Bread – 2 slices
- Cook potatoes in water with a little salt or steam cook the potatoes.
- Mash the cooked potatoes using a fork.
- In a bowl mix maida and water together.Add 3 pinches or salt to it.Set it aside.
- Toast the bread and let it cool. Grind it into bread crumbs.
- Line baking tray with foil and spray it with oil.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Add the onion, capsicum, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder and hing.
- When the onions are cooked, add chicken, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- When the chicken is cooked; switch to low heat and add the mashed potatoes, salt and cilantro.
- Stir continuously until the mixture is blended.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, knead the mixture using your hand for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Make a small ball using the mixture and flatten it into patties.
- Dip the patties in maida mixture and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Place the prepared patties on the baking tray.
- Spray cutlets with oil.
- Bake cutlets for 12 minutes.
- Rotate tray and bake for 8 minutes.
- Flip the cutlets over.
- Spray with oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Rotate tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn the broil option on and let both sides of the cutlets brown.
- Keep an eye on the cutlets at this step to prevent the cutlets from burning.
- Serve cutlets hot with tomato ketchup.