This is a modification of the coconut cutney I make. The extra ingredients are cilantro and curry leaves. Can be had with dosa, idli, rava dosa, baji, etc.
- Chopped cilantro – 1 cup, tightly packed
- Curry leaves – 14 leaves
- Serrano pepper/ green chilli – 3/4 th Serrano pepper, adjust according to taste. Can add more while grinding the chutney.
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Roasted chana dal/ Dalia/ Potu kadalai – 2 tbsps
- Coconut pieces – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsps
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add the chopped cilantro, curry leaves, ginger, Serrano pepper and salt.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Grind the cilantro mixture along with dalia, coconut pieces,salt and water into a very fine mixture.
- Add water as required.
- Prepare the seasoning and add it to the chutney.