Egg puff is our favorite snack. We always get egg puffs from bakeries when we go to India. It can be made easily at home using ready-made pastry sheets. I prefer Pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets.
You can also add little ginger garlic paste and corriander powder to the onion filling while cooking it.
The recipe below yields 4 puffs.
- Hard boiled eggs – 2, cut the eggs into two half
- Puff pastry sheets
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 cup + 1/4 cup,chopped
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp, adjust according to taste
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Melted Butter – for brushing the puffs
- Thaw the pastry sheets according to the directions on the box.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add chilli powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the filling cool down a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with oil.
- Follow the video below to assemble the egg puffs.
- Place the prepared puffs on the baking tray and brush it with melted butter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Rotate the tray half way as it cooks. Enjoy!