Banana chips made at home are healthier than the store bought ones. They are fresh and you can control the serving size.
- Green Plantain
- Coconut Oil – for deep frying
- Salt – to taste
- Peel the skin of the plantain.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Using a hand held slicer, slice the plantain directly into the oil.
- Toss the plantains around occasionally until it turns golden brown.
- The chips have to be moved around continuously for even cooking.
- Remove onto a paper towel.
- Transfer the chips to a big bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Toss the chips around.
- Store the chips in an airtight container.