Clafouti is a French dessert baked with cherries. You can use cherries, apricots or pears. It is a simple dessert. Thinly sliced apricots are placed in buttered ramekins and a simple batter is poured on top of it and the clafouti is baked till golden brown. It tastes like flan.
- Apricot – 1 or 2
- Egg -2
- Milk – 3/4 cup + 2 tbsps
- Sugar – 6 tbsps
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Lime/ Lemon zest – 1 tsp,finely grated
- All purpose flour – 1/3 cup
- Confectioners/ Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter four 6 oz ramekins.
- Place the thinly sliced apricots inside the ramekins.
- Mix egg,milk, sugar, lime zest, vanilla extract, salt and flour using a blender until smooth.
- Divide this batter equally among the four ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for approximately 30 minutes until a toothpick/cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let the ramekins cool on a wire rack.
- Dust the clafouti with confectioners sugar using a sieve.
- Serve warm.