Aval/Poha Upma is a simple and quick dish to prepare for breakfast.
- Thick Poha/ Aval – 2 + 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1+ 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Onions – 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 4
- Serrano pepper/ Green chilli – 1, slight into two
- Turmeric powder – more than 1/8 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro – 4 strands, finely chopped
- Wash poha in a bowl and drain it in a colander.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves, green chilli and turmeric powder.
- Add salt to taste.
- When the onions turn transparent, add aval/poha and mix well.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.