Pineapple kesari is similar to the kesari recipe I posted earlier. The extra ingredients are pineapple essence/extract and pineapples. I used canned pineapple . If fresh pineapples are used, let it cook in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Coarse Rava/ Sooji/ Semolina(Cream of wheat)- 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup + 3/4 cup
- Yellow food coloring
- Pineapple extract – 5 drops
- Pineapple pieces – 1/4 cup, chopped into small pieces
- Sugar – 1 cup +1/4 cup, adjust according to taste
- Ghee/ clarified butter – 3 tbsps or more
- Raisins – 10
- Cashew halves – 20
- Dry roast the rava in a pan until it turns light golden brown. Keep stirring continuously to prevent the rava from burning.
- Transfer it to a bowl and set it aside.
- Heat water in a non-stick pan.
- When the water boils, add food coloring,pineapple extract and pineapple pieces. Let it boil for a minute.
- Slowly add the rava steadily into the water and stir continuously as you add the rava to prevent it from turning lumpy.
- When the rava absorbs the water, add the sugar immediately and keep stirring for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Heat ghee in a small pan.
- Add the cashews to it.
- When the cashews turn golden brown, turn off the heat and add the raisins.
- The raisins will puff up.
- Add the cardamom powder and add the ghee mixture to the kesari.
- Mix well and serve kesari warm.