Pineapple kesari is similar to the kesari recipe I posted earlier. The extra ingredients are pineapple essence and pineapple. I used canned pineapple . If fresh pineapples are used, let it cook in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Coarse Rava/ Sooji/ Semolina – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup + 3/4 cup
- Yellow food color
- Pineapple essence – few drops
- Pineapple pieces – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup +1/4 cup, adjust according to your taste preference
- Ghee – 3 tbsps or more
- Raisins – 10
- Cashews – 10
- Dry roast the rava until it turns golden brown. Keep stirring continuously as you roast it.
- Transfer it to a bowl immediately to prevent the rava from burning.
- Heat water in a non-stick pan.
- When the water boils, add food color,pineapple essence and pineapple pieces. Let it boil for a minute.
- Slowly add the rava steadily into the water and stir continuously as you add the rava to prevent it from turning lumpy.
- Keep stirring continuously. The rava will absorb the water very quickly.
- When the rava absorbs the water, add the sugar immediately and stir.( the sugar will prevent the kesari from sticking to the dish)
- Keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Heat ghee in a small pan.
- Add the cashews first.
- When the cashews turn golden brown, remove from heat and add the raisins.
- The raisins will puff up.
- Add the cardamom powder and transfer the ghee mixture to the kesari and mix well.
- Serve kesari at room temperature or warm.