Here is my recipe for beans poriyal. Adding cashews and shredded coconut gives it more flavor. Beans poriyal can be served with rice and sambar/ rasam/ curd. Can also be served with kaara kolambu.
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 3/4 cup, chopped
- Curry leaves – 4
- Serrano pepper/ green chilli – 1, cut into two (adjust according to taste)
- Cashews – 6, broken
- Turmeric powder – 1/16 tsp
- Beans – 1 cup+ 1/2 cup, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Shredded coconut – 2 tsps
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters.
- Add the channa dal and wait till it turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions, chilli, curry leaves and cashews.
- When the onions are transparent, add turmeric powder and the beans.
- Add salt to taste.
- When the beans is cooked,turn off the stove and add the shredded coconut.
- Mix well and serve.