Below is the method for preparing dosa batter.
- Idli rice – 4 cups
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Water- as required
- Soak rice and urad dal in water overnight.
- Grind rice and urad dal with water as required to a smooth batter.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix them using your hand.
- Let it ferment overnight.
- The batter is ready to make dosa.
- If the weather is cold,the batter will not ferment if left outside.
- The batter can be left in the oven with the oven light on.
- Or the batter can be placed in a warm oven.