Capsicum Chicken is my experiment which turned out good. Easy and creamy dish without heavy cream. Goes well with chapathi, paratha and rice.
- Boneless chicken breasts – 250 grams, cut into small pieces
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Onion – 1 cup+ 1/2 cup, chopped
- Tomato – 1 and a half tomato
- Ginger – 1 inch, chopped into small pieces
- Garlic – 2 , sliced
- Whole cashews – 6
- Capsicum – 1 , diced
- Chilli powder -1 tsp + 1/2 tsp, adjust according to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Cilantro – for garnishing
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and cashews.
- Add salt to taste.
- Saute until the onion and tomato is well cooked.
- Let it cool.
- Grind it to a fine paste without using water.
- In the same pan, saute diced capsicums in 1 tbsp of oil.
- When the capsicum is cooked, add the ground tomato-onion paste, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Immediately add the chicken pieces and let the mixture cook in low heat until the chicken is cooked.
- Add salt if required.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.