This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe from Martha Stewart cooking show. These cookies are crisp. I made a huge batch of these cookies for family and cousins in India and they all loved it.
The recipe below makes 22 cookies.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Egg – half an egg, beaten
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Light brown sugar – 2 tbsps + 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup +1 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 5 tbsps, at room temperature
- Baking soda – 1/8 tsp
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour and baking soda together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar and light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, water, vanilla and egg.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place a tbsp of dough on the parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookie cool on the baking sheet for 1 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack until it cools completely.