This is a healthy and tasty recipe to include oats to your breakfast. Pretty easy to make when you are in a hurry. I usually use instant oats for this recipe. Have not tried it with regular oats.
- Quick or one minute oats – 1 cup +1/2 cup
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1/4 tsp
- Channa Dal – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Serrano pepper (green chilli) – 1 slit into two ( adjust)
- Water – 1 cup + 3/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds to it.Wait till it splutter.
- Add the urad dal,channa dal,curry leaves and serrano pepper.
- Cook till the dals turn golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add water to it.
- Turn on the stove and let the water boil.Add salt to taste.
- When the water begins to boil,reduce to low heat and add the oats.Stirring continuously.
- Cook for two minutes.Turn off the stove and serve warm.
- If you are using old fashion oats,you can increase the water quantity and follow this method.