Rava ladoo is one of the sweets made during Diwali. It is easy to make. The ghee and milk used to make the rava ladoo, gives it taste and a little moisture.
The recipe below yields 7 ladoos.
- Coarse Rava / Sooji – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup +2 tbsps
- Ghee – 2 tbsps
- Cashews – 5, broken
- Raisins – 12
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinches
- Milk – 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan.
- Fry the cashews and raisins separately in ghee and set them aside.
- Add rava to the hot ghee and fry for two minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring continuously.Do not let the rava burn.
- Turn off the stove.
- Transfer the rava to a mixing bowl.
- When the rava is warm; add fried raisins, fried cashews, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix till well combined.
- Add milk little by little to the rava and try making small ladoos (they will be soft).
- Do not add the milk all at once.
- Arrange the ladoos on a plate.
- The rava ladoo will harden as it cools.