Kaju Kathli is a rich and tasty sweet made of cashew nuts. They taste delicious and are easy to make. Making them costs less than the ones you get at big sweet stores. This sweet is made out of three ingredients.
When I made this sweet the first time, I did not grind the cashews into a very fine paste. But this time, when I ground the cashews, they turned into a very fine paste (I store the cashews in the fridge, that could be the reason). Even when powdered, it should be very fine.
I have updated this post with smaller quantities of cashews, sugar and water.
- Cashews – 125 grams
- Sugar – 62.3 grams
- Water – 2 tbsps
- Grind the cashews into a very fine paste or powder without using water.
- Heat the sugar and water in a nonstick saucepan.
- Prepare sugar syrup of one string consistency.
- Remove from flame.
- Add the cashew powder / cashew paste to the syrup and mix well.
- Turn on the heat and cook on low heat, stirring continuously.
- Test the consistency by taking a small bit of the cashew paste and rolling them using your fingers.
- The cashew mixture is ready when it stops sticking.
- Remove from heat and when the mixture is warm enough to handle, knead the cashew dough.
- Flatten the cashew dough using a rolling pin on your kitchen counter or on a working surface and cut them into diamonds.
- The dough is easy to handle when it is warm.
- If it cools down, microwave it for few seconds or heat it on low flame.
- It will harden as it cools.