Ribbon Pakoda is easy to make and tastes delicious. It can be prepared in a jiffy. The main ingredient is gram flour. Adding a little rice flour, makes the ribbon pakoda crispy.Ribbon pakoda can be made as a snack for Diwali.You will need a murukku press with a nozzle as shown in the photo below.
- Gram Flour -1cup + 1/4 cup
- Rice Flour – ½ cup
- Chili Powder – 1 tsp+ ½ tsp (according to taste)
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Hing / Asafoetida – 12 pinches
- Water – as required
- Oil – for deep frying
- Mix gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, ghee, salt and hing in a bowl.
- Add water as required to mix it into a dough(consistency of a chapathi dough).
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Fill the murukku press with the dough and press the dough directly into the oil.
- Flip them over and cook both the sides till it turns golden.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the ribbon pakodas onto a paper towel.
- Transfer the ribbon pakodas to an air tight container after they cool.