Crispy and lovely starter that most of us enjoy at a Chinese restaurant. But my recipe is a bit spicy to suite the Indian taste buds,excluding the need for a dip.But you can have it with ketchup.I have used TYJ spring roll pastry sheets.It will be available in the freezer section.To thaw it,let it sit at room temperature.The delicate sheets can be easily separated. You can use vegetables of your choice like: cabbages,carrot,capsicums and spring onions.I have used 4 types of capsicums in the recipe below.Chilli powder,jalapenos or any other spices can be added to suit your taste buds,
- Spring roll pastry sheets – 11
- Carrot – 1 cup
- Red capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Yellow capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Orange capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Green capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Cabbage – 1 cup + 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Egg wash – mix 1 egg white with 1 tbsp of water and mix well
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Chilli garlic sauce – 1 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Chop all the vegetables into thin long strips.
- Boil water in a non stick saucepan.
- Add the vegetable and add a little salt to it.
- Let it cook covered till the vegetables are almost tender.
- But not fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat and let the vegetables cool down completely.
- Drain the vegetables and place them on a chopping board.
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Using a muslin cloth,drain the water from the vegetables completely and transfer the vegetables to a mixing bowl.
- Add pepper powder,soy sauce,chilli garlic paste and salt to it.
- Mix till well combined.
- Prepare the egg wash and roll the pastry sheets filled with the vegetables as shown in the video below.
- Roll it tightly.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying and fry the spring rolls in small batches.3 rolls at a time,till it turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with ketchup.
- You can add more chilli garlic paste for a spicy spring rolls.