Sundal and Modakam’s are a must on Vinayaka Chaturthi. Sundal is a healthy and tasty snack that is easy to prepare.Here is a simple recipe.
- Uncooked Chickpeas/Kondakadalai – 1/2 cup,soaked overnight in water
- Oil- 2 tsps
- Mustard Seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Curry leaves – 4
- Hing/Asafoetida – 2 pinches
- Salt – to taste
- Shredded coconut – optional
- Wash the soaked chickpeas and pressure cook with wither and a pinch of salt for 1 whistle.
- Drain the chickpeas using a colander.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add mustard seed and wait till it splutters.
- Add red chilli, hing and curry leaves.Saute till the leaves turn dark green.
- Add the chickpeas and saute for a minute.
- Add salt to taste and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and add little shredded coconut and mix until well combined.