Making ice-cream without an ice cream machine is always a delight.I didn’t want to spend 30 bucks on an ice cream machine that I won`t use more than once. So,I searched for ice cream recipes that does not require an ice cream machine and formulated my own recipe that turned out pretty good.The secret is to freeze the ice cream mixture and mix them frequently.
- Milk – 1 + 1/2 cups,I used 2% milk
- Heavy cream – 3/4 cup
- Egg Yolk – 2 beaten
- Semi sweet chocolate – 2oz
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3 tbsps
- Sugar – 7 tbsps
- Heat milk,heavy cream and chocolate together in a saucepan.
- Keep whisking till the chocolate melts.
- Add the beaten egg yolks slowly,whisking the mixture as you add the egg yolks.
- Keep whisking for 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat and add the sugar and cocoa powder to it.
- Whisk till well combined.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a freezer safe box with a lid and let it freeze for an hour.
- The edges will be slightly frozen.
- Use a strong spoon or spatula and mix the ice cream mixture,till it turns smooth.
- You can add chocolate chips to the ice cream.
- Freeze the mixture again.
- After and hour,stir the mixture well and return it back to the freezer.
- Let it freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and stir again.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Stir and freeze for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The ice cream will be ready to serve.
- If the ice cream freezes and turns too hard,let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving.