This is a very creamy,smooth and rich chocolate pudding.It can be made a day ahead of serving.But am sure that it wont last long in the fridge.I normally don`t lick the mixing bowl,but this one is an exception 🙂
- Granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
- Corn starch – 2 tbsps
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tbsps
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 2 cups (I used skim milk)
- Large egg yolks – 2 ,lightly beaten
- Semi sweet chocolate – 4 oz ,finely chopped
- Unsalted Butter – 1 tbsp ,softened
- Heavy cream – 1/3 cup (optional- for serving)
- Confectioners sugar – 1 tbsp (optional- for serving)
- Mix granulated sugar,cornstarch,cocoa powder and salt in a sauce pan.
- Add milk and egg yolks.
- Cook in medium heat,whisking continuously until it thickens.
- Remove from heat.Add butter and chocolate to it and keep whisking until the chocolate melts.
- Sieve the mixture through a fine meshed sieve onto a bowl placed in an ice water bath (a big bowl of ice and water,to stop the mixture from cooking and to cool).
- Place a plastic wrap directly on the surface and cover the pudding.(the wrap should touch the surface of the pudding)
- Refrigerate the pudding for about an hour before serving.
- Before serving,whip cream and confectioners sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form and serve it with the pudding.
- This pudding can be refridgerated for upto 2 days.
- Always use a very good chocolate for the pudding.
- You can also top the pudding with ready made whipped cream.