Here is a simple recipe for Potato Wedges.
- Potatoes -4
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida – 5 pinches
- Chilli powder – 2 tsps
- Ground ginger powder – 1/4 tsp
- Spices like Basil,Thyme,Oregano and Parsley
- Olive oil for spraying on the potatoes
- Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges.Soak them in water.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Add salt,turmeric powder,chilli powder,hing and ginger powder.
- Sprinkle with Basil,Thyme,Oregano and Parsley.Be generous with the spices.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with olive oil.
- Arrange the wedges on it.
- Let it bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate the tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes over and return them to the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes.Check frequently.
- Remove the ones that have browned and let the others cook for approximately 8 more minutes.
- Remove from the baking tray when it is done and sprinkle with salt if required and toss the potatoes.