Here is a recipe for potato cauliflower subzi that can be had with chapati.
- Oil – 2 + 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida – 5 pinches
- Onion – 1 cup finely chopped
- Tomato( Roma) – 1 finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1/2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – Ginger 1 inch + Garlic 2 cloves
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Potatoes – 2 medium potatoes chopped and cooked
- Cauliflower florets – 1 cup cooked
- Peas – 1/2 cup cooked or frozen
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – chopped, to garnish
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add cumin seeds and hing.
- Add the chopped onions,green chilli and turmeric powder.
- Saute till the onions are well cooked.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes loose shape.
- Add the chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Cook till the oil leaves the sides.Keep stirring in between.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the cooked potatoes, cauliflower and peas.
- Cook on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Turn off stove and garnish with coriander leaves.