A second method of making paal kozhukattai,that is easy to make and removes the tension of adding the rice flour balls to the water without getting dissolved.
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Shredded coconut – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 3 pinches
- Boil 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of water in a nonstick saucepan.
- Add a pinch of salt to it and switch to low heat.
- Fold in the rice flour and mix continuously for almost 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the rice flour mixture cool down completely.
- Make small balls or elongated oval shapes with the dough.Use less than 1/4 tsp of dough.
- Place the dough in your left palm and put you right palm on it and move the right palm in circular motion.
- After rolling the dough into small balls,steam cook the balls using idli plates.
- They will stick together after cooking,gently separate them.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Drop the balls slowly in small batches into the water.
- Adding all the balls at once will reduce the temperature of the water.
- Let it boil for 1 minute.
- Add milk and rice flour mixture ( 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp of rice flour dissolved in little water) to the water.
- Keep stirring occasionally till the milk boils.
- Let the milk boil for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add sugar,shredded coconut and cardamom powder to it.
- Mix till well combined.
- Serve at room temperature.