Stuffed mushrooms is one of my experiments.I have used Baby Bella mushrooms in this recipe.You can also use other types of mushrooms.It is a very good appetizer and must be served warm.
- Baby Bella Mushrooms – 14 (With stems removed)
- Pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Olive oil – 1 1/2 tsp
- Lettuce – 1 leaf (optional)
- Parmesan cheese or Mozzarella – 1 ½ Tbsp
- Potato – ½ small medium sized potato
- Mixed Vegetable (Carrot,Beans,Peas,Corn(optional)) – 1/3 cup
- Onions (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp or less
- Salt – as per your taste
- Steam cook the mixed vegetable and potatoes in microwave for 5 mins.
- Use a food processor/mixie to smash the vegetable to a fine paste. The paste will be sticky.
- Heat 1 ½ tsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and turmeric powder to it.
- Add the finely chopped onions to it.
- Wait till it is cooked and add the vegetable paste to it.
- Add red chili powder to it. Add salt as required.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Remove the stem of the mushroom.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper into the mushroom after you remove the stem.
- Place a small piece of lettuce on the mushroom.
- Use oil to moist you fingers before handling the vegetable paste.
- Take ½ tsp (or less) of the vegetable mixture and place it on the mushroom.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese or mozzarella over the vegetable filling.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place mushrooms on a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed with olive oil.
- Bake for 8 mins.