It is summer and there are asparagus available in abundant in grocery stores.We got them last summer and tried to grill them,we liked it. So I tried to do the same using my oven.
- Asparagus – 1 bundle
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Olive oil – to spray on the asparagus and to spray on the baking tray
- Lemon juice or lime juice – juice of half a lemon or lime (optional)
- Wash the asparagus and drain the water using a colander.
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with olive oil.
- Hold one asparagus in your left hand and use your right hand and hold on the bottom of the asparagus and bend it slightly.
- The lower part of the asparagus will snap,discard the lower part of the asparagus.That is the tough and fibrous part.
- Repeat this step for the entire bunch.
- Place the asparagus on the baking tray and sprinkle some salt,pepper and lemon juice(optional)
- Spray with olive oil and mix well.
- Line them on the baking tray,making sure that they don`t touch each other.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until a knife can be easily pierced through it.
- Remove from the baking tray immediately and serve.